January 31, 2013

Parent Spotlight: Kimberly Willis

Why do you choose to help sell candy bars for Holy Childhood? - I chose to help for various reasons, but mostly because I love Holy Childhood and what it provides for Babatu - a safe, educational, family-oriented environment. Also, I know Babatu loves PIZZA so I have to sell enough to make sure he gets a limo ride and pizza!

What's your favorite Gertrude Hawk candy bar flavor? - My favorite is Dark Chocolate  Raspberry; however, others LOVE the Coconut Custard, Peanut Butter, and Almond!

Does your child help sell with you? - Babatu does not help at all. He doesn't like candy and he is too shy to ask anyone to buy it!

Are there any businesses that sell for you that you would like us to feature in the blog? No, not really, but they are very popular at MCC, around this time my co-workers ask for them. I have customers in my office, student accounts, controllers, HR, but most of my candy is sold to Financial Aid! They love them! This office will email me, IM me, call me, beg me to please bring the bars to their office. I usually lock them and the money up at night and sometimes I forget to bring them out, but I am quickly reminded...I pretty much leave the box in the Financial Aid Office.

Who do you usually ask to buy candy bars? - really no one, they sell themselves based on the reputation of Gertrude Hawk and previous customers. I can walk down the hall with the box and I will be stopped from going to my office because everyone is all over me to buy the bars.

Have you tried the online candy ordering system? Do you like it better than the paper catalog? - I love the online system for ease of selling the candy, but I am finding that many people still want to flip through those pages. Most are not comfortable ordering online, even if I give them instructions, they prefer the book. However, I did post the link on my facebook page and it got me a few customers. I will re-post the link tonight as a reminder that there is still time.

Thank you, Kim, for sharing your thoughts with us.  If you would like to share information for our blog too, please contact Kate Balconi

No comments:

Post a Comment